Thursday, July 24, 2008

Shoulders to Ride


Riding on grandpa's shoulders
Originally uploaded by theforster4

I went to a park with my grandpa last week.
We walked there--a long, long way.
Grandpa spoke with me kindly as we went along,
And I thought of the place where I'd play,
I'd play, I'd play, I'd play,
And I thought of the place where I'd play.

Then we saw it! But first I got water to drink,
Grandpa helped, for the fountain was high.
Off alone then I went to explore all the toys,
As he watched from a place close by,
Close by, close by, close by,
As he watched from a place close by.

I ran and I climbed and I ran, then, some more;
Played and played on the swings and the slide.
But the best part with Grandpa was walking back home,
For he gave me his shoulders to ride,
To ride, to ride, to ride.
Grandpa gave me his shoulders to ride.



(Click on the picture for photo credits. Poem by Donnell Allan.)